
(a favorite gee's bend string quilt)
i came across the following passage on a blog somewhere a few months back-- I'm hoping to locate the source so I can give credit where it's due.
"Before becoming a parent, I worked to make a living – to get ahead. Now, I work for purpose. Motherhood has not only changed my work but my entire Self. Everything is more important now. I think of the future and what my children and grandchildren will be left to worry about. I think about our world and how seriously we need to step back and reevaluate ourselves and our choices. Everything has more meaning and my choices are more important – the food we eat, where we spend our time, how we spend our time, the content and amount of media in our home… Mothering is the most difficult job I have ever had to do – it comes with such joy but also a deep ache that lives forever in a woman’s heart – a pain and a knowledge that we have brought these little children into an imperfect world. Motherhood has made me a conscious being… when before I couldn’t see past my own self."
Oh how it resonates.
No comments:
Post a Comment